Monday 10 February 2014

H E L L O

Just thought that I would do a quick introduction for this blog. My name is Reena (you can call me reen, coco or cokes), I'm a 20 year old girl who loves music, fashion and exploring different cultures. I'm originally from Birmingham, but I am a student at Cardiff University studying Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies. I will admit that the main purpose of this blog is for educational purposes, but having a keen interest in what I will be exploring means that I will constantly update for you, even when the educational purposes are complete - I promise!

So what will I actually be lurking on? Street style. I've always had a keen interest in how people bricolage their style together. I guess this interest has partially stemmed from growing up in Birmingham (I wonder how many of you will be saying  "Birminghuuuuuuuumm" out loud) , a place where there is a whole lot of style talent. But when I first moved to Cardiff, I found it interesting to notice how there is also a lot of style potential here too. Stereotypically 'Cardiffians' are known for the love of rugby, but I promise you there is a lot more to Cardiff than rugby sweats! With Cardiff Fashion Quarter and even Cardiff Fashion Week on the cards, Cardiff is bursting to show us all that there is a lot more to this capital city than just rugby!

I will basically be prowling the streets of Cardiff and the roads of Cathay's with my trusty DSLR to snap up individuals who I believe, as cliche as it sounds, dress to impress. Let's just hope people don't think I am a weirdo harassing them. If you want to find out more about me why not give a go at your own lurking and click here to visit my other blog. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment