Monday 10 February 2014

L U R K I N G M Y S T Y L E

Before I start lurking others and sharing it with you, maybe you fancy a nose in my wardrobe to see the sort of things I am into? I will admit before you get your lurk on that I am into dark colours, I guess it's because dark colours are versatile when it comes to mixing up outfits for different occasions.


1) Denim Levi's Jacket//
 I picked this up for £7.50 (what a bargain). It is defo up there with the fave things in my wardrobe due to the chunkyness and warmth of it. I find myself layering it up for a casual day time look with my tartan scarf, but when it comes to a night look it looks perfect with any type of dress. They are suitable for both male and female and similar styles are available at Urban Outfitters Renewal and Cardiff Fashion Quarter, I definitely recommend you to invest, you wont regret it! 


2) New Look Kimono//
 Black floral lace will always have a place in my wardrobe, and in my heart, making this kimono more than just essential. I got this from New Look at £20, but they have sold out now! But pop down to River Island to get yourself a kimono ASAP and a cheeky little email alert from Miss Guided has just notified me they are going all out with kimonos right now. 


3) Levi's Shorts// 
These shorts were yet again a bargain at £7.50 too! They are perfect for cold days with a pair of thick tights but at the same time suitable when you cannot be bothered to put loads of effort in for a night out (which for me is 99.9999% of the time). Do not be afraid to lurk in charity shops, not only is your money going to a good cause, but you will also gain plenty of style points! Check out Albany Road if you're from Cardiff, so so many charity shops full of plenty of treats.


 4) Warehouse FAUX fur Coat//
Before I even get into this, I just want to point out that this is faux fur, never would I wear real fur! I had this as a birthday present off my mom, it is so cosy and I practically live in it! The only downfall of being in Cardiff when wearing this however is that rain and fur do not work well together. If you are after a faux fur coat check out high street stores, St Davids 2 offers many shops that have them at the moment, Oasis, Warehouse, and New Look are just a few to mention.


5) Topshop Quilted Bomber Jacket//
 This jacket is probably the only suitable item of clothing that I have for Welsh weather. Team it up with a dress to toughen up your attire or simply layer it up with hoodies and chunky knits for practicality and safety from the rain. Bomber jackets aren't just for girls though, boys team yours up with a pair of skinny jeans and a baggy t-shirt. Simple but sassy!


6) H&M Print Jeans//
Theres nothing more exciting than whacky-out-there jeans. When I nabbed these for a fiver in the sale I was more than happy! I guess the main problem with wearing these jeans is the fear of standing out too much in them, and people thinking what on earth is she wearing. A lesson I have learn't in life my fellow bloggers/readers is that if you are scared to wear something because you fear the reception, bite the bullet and do it ASAP. If it is a bad reception, at least you tried them and I guess you could always DIY them up into a pair of shorts. These though I am proud to say I am keeping as jeans and I'm so excited to wear these in Summer for a chilled out look. I know H&M have many printed jeans out at the moment why not check them out?


7) Miss Selfridge Dungarees//
I defo think that this is the cutest part of my wardrobe. The floral embroidery all over these dungarees makes them stand out and a bit different to the plain denim ones that the high street tends to offer. I practically lived in these last summer, and cannot wait to live in them all over again! If you fancy some embroidery on your dungarees, why not grab a needle and thread and sew pretty little patterns into plain ones! 


8) American Apparel Nylon Tricot Dress//
I had been lusting over this for such a long long time, the day I finally plucked up the courage to dig into my student budget was a very very proud day. I decided to get it in navy rather than black, as 99.99% of my wardrobe is black! It's perfect for a night out teamed up with a pair of Vans, or in the day with a baggy shirt over the top. Well done American Apparel, you did really well here! 


9) Topshop Allsorts Chunky Chelsea Boots// 
I'm a huge fan girl when it comes to chunky boots. They are so comfy for day wear as well as the night. Seriously cannot imagine my life without these! 


10) Topshop Geek Shoes// 
These were a present off Ryan for my birthday, they are the comfiest and cutest pair of shoes I have ever owned! They are adorable with frilly socks and cannot wait to give these a go in Summer! Find them in Topshop asap! 


11) Dr Martens// 
These were a birthday gift off my mom. They are more than practical for any type of weather and I seriously feel that everyone needs to own a pair at one point in their life! They work so well with jeans and dresses, perfect staple part of my wardrobe! Head over to asos and treat yourself, I promise that you will not regret it!


12) Old Skool Vans//
I've cannot even remember the first pair of Vans I had. I've always found them to be my favourite type of shoe and they work so well on both boys and girls! These old skools I have completely battered up due to many nights out, but due to personal taste I feel they look much better battered up!


What are your wardrobe essentials? 




No comments:

Post a Comment