Saturday 8 March 2014

Lurking Tips

Where can I lurk? That is a very good question that hopefully I can answer through out this blog. There is so much potential when it comes to lurking I promise, but I guess my job here is to give you some tips to help you live a successful lurking life!


Tip Number 1:
Keep your eye out for flyers, be alert at all times. Even when you don't expect a cheeky little flyer, something will crop up. For example, I came across a flyer at Milgi's for a jumble sale that was happening, and boy was I happy I came across it! It was a £1 jumble sale, everything for £1 so of course I couldn't resist lurking around to treat myself. They had everything from clothing to accessories to households, it was fabulous. The best thing about this is that they happen every month, the next one is on the 16th March so get yourself there!

Tip Number 2:
All of the places that you love, follow their Twitter, follow them on Instagram and befriend them on Facebook. Reason why? If you're in that circle, you are invited to the events they hold which means you get an inside lurk on things others may not. For example Cardiff Fashion Quarter have had student nights which are exciting when it comes to finding bargains!

Tip Number 3:
If you've found something and you're in two minds over getting it, defo get it! I've always figured in this instance that if you realise that it is a bargain and part of you wants it, you need it! Even if you do get home and hate yourself for buying it you can always pop it on Ebay or post pictures up on your social network accounts and see if you're friends want to make offers. Moral of this tip is NEVER say no to bargains (maybe this is why I'm so poor woopsy).

Tip Number 4:
Try to get out of your comfort zone. Often my favourite thing about lurking is finding something/somewhere on accident, and then it becomes one of your favourite places. Grab a friend and go on an adventure, you will be surprised to see what is out there when you can learn to leave your comfort zone!

I hope these lurking tips have helped or even just showed you why I love lurking so much! If you've got any other lurking tips then go ahead and comment, I'm always up for a lurking challenge!



Related Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment