Monday 3 March 2014

Meet Tanya

Tanya, a 20 year old student in Cardiff.

There's nothing worse than rain right? Especially when the suns been teasing us with a few cheeky appearances the past few days, I have been getting stupidly excited for Summer. But boy oh boy was there a lot of rain today! It ruins everything and I literally wanted to cry as soon as I stepped out of the front door this morning, I knew it would make todays lurking adventure ridiculously hard. I guessed that the most of you would have been cooped up indoors to avoid the hassle that comes hand in hand with rain. I don't blame you, I would have done the exact same if I didn't have lectures today. You lucky little devils! 

I've always found that the best thing to do when the weather is so horrible is to fix up something simple to wear, thats for both you boys and girls!  Sticking to a simple pair of black skinny jeans, grey knitwear, a leather jacket and a pair of chelsea boots, Tanya shows us how less is more. You probably remember me talking about how essential a pair of black skinny jeans are in everyones wardrobe when we met Jack, but I guess it's time to mention how fabulous a pair of chelsea boots can be in your wardrobe too. Guys I guarantee if I tell you that Beckham has a pair you will realise the seriousness of this situation. I understood the seriousness as soon as images of my style crush, Alexa Chung, were plastered everywhere in cute little pairs of chelsea boots. Don't be afraid to work the 'less is more' look with statement jewellery like Tanya has done with her earrings, instant style points for extreme levels of sassiness.
 

Girls Shop Less is More:

less is more (f)



  • Like Tanya has, I would defo invest in a cheeky little leather jacket. I have one with a faux fur collar and it is amazing during the day and when it comes to layering up for a night out. I really like this one from River Island, it is absolutely stunning and talk about a statement jacket!
  • There are so many different styles of chelsea boots out there! Perhaps you fancy a flat pair, I am a huge fan of these ones they are fab and look so so comfy. But don't be afraid to play around with heeled chelsea boots either like these from Topshop, I've been lusting over em for such a long long time! Theres just something about Topshop and their ability to make such lovely shoes. Oh also, chunky heeled chelsea boots are incredibly comfortable and I myself wear them for hours on end during the day.
  • Everybody loves pastel and knitwear, especially Zara. Often I find myself wondering how do they just do everything so well?!  Tanya stuck to a light grey knitted jumper, but Zara show us how to work knitwear in pastel shades to brighten up our outfit and to keep us warm at the same time. I'm super keen on this pull over, it is so dainty and delicate, taking femininity to the next level. 
  • Tanya shows us that no girl can ever have too much jewellery. Go all out and check ASOS out, they are affordable and stylish which is a win win situation don't you think? I promise that you will never regret it. Plus 10% student discount, how on earth can you say no?!


Boys Shop Less is More:

  • Knitwear is amazing for boys too, I am a huge fan of it when it is super ugly and oversized. Check out Cow, when I lived in Birmingham I literally found treats in there all of the time. They have so much to offer, it is absolute knitwear heaven! The uglier the jumper the better I say! 
  • When it comes to chelsea boots you guys are super lucky and there are so many different styles on the cards too! Dr Martens offer a lovely pair of chelsea boots, they are sturdy and worth every single penny, so get saving ASAP. They will probably be one your best investments ever. But guess what? Chelsea boots are extremely versatile. So why not check out a fancy pair like these from Topman too? Bring out your inner Miles Kane, I dare you. 

Got any other tips for us lurkers? Don't be afraid to drop a comment and share them. After all, sharing is caring right?

 Related Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment